Thursday, August 5, 2010

Exercise and what I am doing.

Well, I just got done working out a little while ago.  I have an elliptical machine, but I am mildly bored with that for now.  About 3 weeks ago, I bought another new workout DVD and I like this one.  Now I'm a big girl...too close for comfort to 300 pounds.  However, I am otherwise healthy and pretty strong, so I didn't want a "Sweating to the oldies" type dvd,  but I am too weak for P90X.  I bought the Biggest Loser Last Chance Workout and I really like it.  It offers me a good challenge.  When I started the dvd, I was doing all the modified exercises...but now....I am stepping it up on a lot of them and I have recently done an actual jumping jack.  Do you know how hard it is to get nearly 300 pounds of mass airborne (including huge floppy boobs)?  I'm sure I'll get some "yeses."   This was a big feat for me and believe me...I was crying tears of joy.  My 12 year old asked why I was crying and I told her it was because I did a jumping jack.  It wasn't as big of a deal to her, but she is only 12 and athletic.  Anyways...I just wanted to share what I am currently doing for exercise.  I know it will change along the way...but it is my "right now" exercise.

3 comments:

  1. I was close to 300 lbs. back in February when I had my surgery and now I'm 207. Just think of where you'll be in a few short months! This really, really works and it sounds like you are ready to do your part. Good job on the workouts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, you are doing really well and those jumping jacks are only going to get easier:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big floppy boobs, oh yes! I had to wear 2 (or sometimes, 3) bras when I worked out! I *LOVE* that I only have to wear ONE tight-fitting bra now. Such a relief.

    Great job working out!
    Christine
    www.phoenixrevolution.net

    ReplyDelete