Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The real day one pre-op diet

It went so well today as far as pre-op diets can go.  I am so happy today.  I've figured out the most perfect protein drink "for me."  I just feel really good and uplifted.  I posted my stats today. (blech)  You can find them at the bottom.

I e-mailed my surgeon about single-incision gastric banding surgery.  He e-mailed me back and told me that they do not do it.  Oh well, probably best.  Do I really want to give them that challenge?  (everything into one incision) Nah.  Otherwise, everything is pretty uneventful.

I've been messing around with my site.  I have yet to find a background that I really like.  I guess I will stick with this one for now.  Thanks for following me!

That's it for now!

5 comments:

  1. I had single incision for my band surgery. To be honest you still have one large incision point which most people seem to have, the little incision's seem to heal so quickly that there is little difference in my opinion.
    There is a surgeon here in the UK that does single incision through the belly button so no scar at all, no sure I want someone messing with my belly button though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun with the protein shakes! How long do you have to do the shakes?
    Christine
    www.phoenixrevolution.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christine - I have a 2 week pre-op diet consisting of four 8 oz protein shakes (mixed with water not milk) that are 100-200 calories, low or no carb, and more than 13 grams of protein, at least 64 oz of water in addition to the shakes and for dinner 4 oz grilled chicken, lean beef, or fish and 2 cups of raw greens and a tomato.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of the reasons I went with my surgeon is that he does the single incision surgery through the belly button. He also is one of the pioneers of the technique and teaches it to other surgeons, so I wasn't nervous about having it done like that. :)

    It also helped that he's the only bariatric surgeon in town to get my insurance's Excellent rating. heh

    It's good, though, that your surgeon's office knows their limitations, though, and won't promise something they aren't 100% they are good to deliver.

    I mix my protein powder with Soy Slender soymilk which is low-carb. If you have trouble with the shakes mixed with water, ask your surgeon if the Soy Slender would work for you. It's only got 1 net gram of carbs, AND adds 6 grams MORE protein to the shake. Very tasty and creamy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. J - thanks...I was thinking of soy...or even Almond milk which I really like the taste of.

    For now, I am sticking with the water for as long as I can stand it. I have started adding a spoon of instant decaf and I am loving the taste since I like coffee.

    ReplyDelete