Sunday, August 22, 2010

please pass the gas


I am so ready to be through with the gas pain.  Day 1 and 2, I was able to get some little burps out and it gave minor relief.  Day 3, I had a nice long toot.  It was like the cap of my bicycle tire was unscrewed and I had a nice slow leak for nearly 30 seconds.  Awwww.  It was great.  Unfortunately, the gas didn't stop there.  (I thought I was done).

I am a discreet farter.  It's just the way I was brought up.  The whole girls don't fart or they don't let anyone hear them fart.  My husband has never heard me pass gas and I have known him since the end of 1996.  As a matter of fact, I think up until around 2005, he thought I never had gas at all.  I think it's kinda funny that he really thought that I never get gassy or at least that's his story.

SOOOOO....this gas thing is really giving me double problems because I am in such pain plus I have this whole mental thing of I can't release it around anyone.  My husband says it's okay....but I just can't do it.  I don't know if it has now become stage fright or what.  I just find that I am getting a better release when I go into the other room with some privacy.

I will be so happy when the gas is all over with.  I expect maybe a few more days.

5 comments:

  1. This too shall pass! :) Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gas X strips and lemon wedges helped me =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no advice as this is one negative that I was lucky enough to avoid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Lena. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. Now I'm following you. Unfortunately I don't have any great advice about the gas. I had a little and the heating pad really helped me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lena!! Thanks for Following my blog! I am now Following you too!!

    Hey, you were Banded the day after my 55th Birthday!! "Welcome to the Sisterhood/Brotherhood of the Bandster's"!! You are doing great, just hang in there!

    As for the gas, I am also glad to report that I never had that side effect from the Surgery. However, I didn't even try to hold it in! The Nurses probably hated to come into my room, as I too had to stay overnight!

    I too have always been of one mind that you didn't pass gas in front of others, but my DH, Walt told me that I shouldn't hold it in and be in pain (he has NEVER held it in), and after the first accidental slip, I got more and more used to it.

    So now, I never worry about it in front of him. But in front of others, of course, I try not to embarrass myself!! LOL

    However, after I had read how everyone complained of the horrible Gas Pains after Surgery, I didn't try to hold it in, unless a Nurse was actually in the room with me!!

    ReplyDelete